We Do Not Inherit The Earth For Our Ancestors...
we Borrow It From Our Children
To understand our products better, let’s take a closer look at what makes them trusted on the Global platform. Below is a condensed explanation of the Global certifications that we believe are the world leaders:
Europe – Vinçotte; is a Belgian accredited inspection and certification organisation, also provide testing for the Australian certifications.
OK COMPOST (EN 13432)
OK compost HOME
USA – certified as meeting ASTM D6400 and/or ASTM D6868 can use the logo to provide assurance of compostability or biodegradability of the finished products. Not widely recognised in New Zealand as it refers to commercial composting in the USA.
Australasia – Closest to home is the Australian certifications from the Australasian Bioplastics Association (ABA), designed to be the standards for ‘down under’.
- Minimum of 90% biodegradation of plastic materials within 180 days in compost
- Minimum of 90% of plastic materials should disintegrate into less than 2mm pieces in compost within 12 weeks
- No toxic effect of the resulting compost on plants and earthworms.
- Hazardous substances such as heavy metals should not be present above maximum allowed levels
- Plastic materials should contain more than 50% organic materials.
- Slightly extended degradation time parameters.
- Lesser temperature requirements to achieve degradation